Intuitive Control Software
GeoStar μGIS™ software has been specifically written for RESOlution instruments. Its intuitive interface is easy to learn and it allows new users to get started very quickly. An extensive range of sophisticated features ensures that any researcher can easily program an ablation sequence.
The software is great for both manual point selection and for automated runs thousands of points long. Special design features make sample navigation a breeze with rich sample imagery and automated mosaic collection, to ensure you always choose the correct grain, phase, or growth band for ablation.
The unique structured interface is simple for users to learn, along with many powerful features for the conscientious laboratory manager:
- Completely automated instrument control
- Integrated on-sample fluence calibration and laser energy
- Visual-Stage-Correction offers sub-micron positioning
- Import images from any source, such as an SEM or petrographic microscope
- Integrate with any ICP-MS
Laser fluence management ensures the correct on-sample fluence throughout the working week. Laser output is continuously monitored for reliable gas handling and exceptional laser ablation.
GeoStar is designed for complete automation, while also offering manual point-by-point ablation. When creating an automated sequence the software supports many thousands of points, and offers:
- Drag and drop reordering
- Cut and paste reordering
- Undo and redo operations
- Visual and name-based selection
- “Distribute” feature automatically brackets samples with standards