In response to requirements of university and industry partners, ASI has developed a unique instrument with the capability to conduct U-Th-Pb-He triple-dating and trace element characterization of mineral chronometers. This instrument answers the needs of applications in basic geoscience research such as tectonics and landscape evolution studies, as well as for industry applications in petroleum basin analysis and mineral exploration.
Laser ablation helium thermochronology samples a precisely defi ned, defect-free volume of the crystal, with a known surface area, thereby overcoming two uncertainties in the traditional method of bulk crystal measurement. Double dates are obtained quickly and at low cost in a compact instrument based on RESOlution Laser Ablation (LA-ICPMS) and Alphachron™ technologies with well established heritage.
The RESOlution-LR is a robust, high energy, 193nm excimer laser ablation system, offering an industry leading Laurin Technic sample cell and pioneering GeoStar μGISTM software. Incorporating the latest in Coherent laser technology for increased optical performance and flexibility.
- High Energy 193xm excimer laser
- On-sample fluence ³ 45 J/cm2
- Laser pulse width of 20ns
- 40 maskwheel aperture positions as standard
- Spot size range of 2 μm to 380 μm
- Industry leading S155 sample cell; dual volume, constant volume
- Smoothing SQUID device included
- Flexible mounting options with nine (9) sample holders to choose from
- Compatible S155 fast and ultrafast transfer kits available for imaging and mapping
- Split Stream ready
- Geological Analysis
- Isotope Ratios
- Transparent glasses
- Environmental Analysis
- Isotope Fingerprinting
- Depth Profiling