Field Service Technicians
Australian Scientific Instruments (ASI) manufactures and supplies world leading specialist scientific instruments. Our RESOlution, RESOchron and Alphachron instruments enable our customers to undertake isotopic and chemical microanalysis of materials so as to achieve unmatched precision and reliability.
Our customers are global spanning the research sector (universities, institutes, government agencies) and commercial (mining, environmental) many of whom specialise in the geosciences
We are looking for one or more Field Service Technicians with a strong background in laser-based systems and instruments and who understand the importance of providing exceptional customer service.
General Position Information
- Customer site installation, acceptance testing and training
- Perform regular upgrades and maintenance for installed systems through field service visits
- Trouble shooting and remote technical support via phone, email and web
- International travel
- Liaising with ASI assembly team in relation to the timely provision of in-factory commissioning and acceptance testing
To be successful you will have:
- Appropriate engineering degree or technical qualification
- Strong technical understanding of lab instrumentation (including electrical meters and oscilloscopes, lasers, optical meters, mass spectrometers, gases, mechanical drawings and electrical schematics)
- Experience in a technical and support role including at customer sites, preferably in manufacturing and research laboratory environments
- Laser ablation system related experience highly preferred
- Results-driven with a strong sense of responsibility and independence
- Able to manage time critical deadlines
- Effective professional communication skills both oral and written (English required, other languages are desirable but not required including Mandarin).
- Ability to travel international and domestically for significant parts of the year.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or equivalent technical capability
- flexible engagement of suitable candidates including engagement as a contractor;
- engagement of candidate(s) who may be located within or outside Australia;
- engagement of multiple candidates that together fulfil the stated requirements of the role;
- incentive based remuneration arrangements.
Salaries will reflect the position offered and be competitive.
Candidates are requested to submit a written application comprising:
- A letter that addresses each of the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description;
- An executive summary (being no more than approximately 200 words) that highlights your strengths and why ASI should appoint you to the role;
- Your CV; and
- Details of at least two referees including their contact details and their relevance to your application (eg existing or previous employer, their position at the time etc).
A copy of the full Position Description may be obtained upon request to the contact details set out below.
Due to customer demand ASI is seeking to appoint a candidate to start as soon as possible.
Position description requests, queries and application submissions can be directed to email@example.com before 6 July 2018.
A first round selection will occur before the end of July and positions will remain open until being filled.